The process is seamless..
Occupational Health and Safety Management System
ISO 45001 is an ISO standard for management systems of occupational health and safety (OH&S), published in March 2018. The goal of ISO 45001 is the reduction of occupational injuries and diseases, including promoting and protecting physical and mental health.
ISO 45001: 2018
Occupational Health & Safety Management
The standard establishes criteria for an OH&S policy, objectives, planning, implementation, operation, auditing and review. Key elements include leadership commitment, worker participation, hazard identification and risk assessment, legal and regulatory compliance, emergency planning, incident investigation and continual improvement.
ISO 45001 utilizes the Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology to systematically manage health and safety risks. It applies to organizations of all sizes and can be integrated with other ISO management system standards.
The previous OHSAS 18001 has now been replaced by this new version designed to work alongside the latest versions of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, plus other latest versions of standards being introduced.
It is the employer's responsibility to ensure that the risks to Health & Safety in the workplace, are properly assessed and managed, to minimize the possibility of accidents or incidents to employees, or others that might have access to the site. As a company's staff are their most valuable asset they will work more efficiently in a safe environment.
This, or an equivalent standard, is needed to control the codes of practice for Health and Safety in the work place by ensuring that your processes, policies and work practices are safe for your staff and others. Any employer that neglects these responsibilities is risking the welfare of their staff, and their business, as well as the wrath of the Health & Safety authorities. Common sense and safe practice saves lives and money, this is the message behind the standard.
Implementing ISO 45001 provides significant value to organizations looking to reduce workplace incidents and demonstrate OH&S commitment. Benefits include:
- ISO 45001 provides an internationally-recognized framework for managing occupational health and safety risks. It enables organizations to systematically assess hazards and implement risk control measures, leading to reduced workplace injuries, illnesses and incidents.
- Adopting the standard shows employees and external stakeholders that the organization is committed to worker health, safety and wellbeing. This boosts reputation, morale and retention.
- The standard requires complying with OH&S regulations, ensuring legal conformity. It also promotes proactive risk management, potentially lowering insurance premiums.
- By requiring emergency preparedness and response protocols, ISO 45001 strengthens organizational resilience against safety threats and crises.
- The framework of plan, do, check act means the OH&S system can continually improve and evolve, enhancing long-term worker health and safety performance.
In summary, ISO 45001 enables organizations to better protect their workers and manage OH&S risks, making it an essential standard worldwide
This new standard includes an increased emphasis on customer satisfactions and ensures that management is focused on continual improvement, leading to increased efficiencies, a reduction in errors and improved customer service.